Kaffe 1.0.6 on ARM

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Dec 19 10:18:38 PST 2000

In message <20001219101041.I1069 at marcus-lx> Marcus Smith wrote:
> Is there a good document that explains what a "trampoline"
> is?  By studying the code, I think I know, but it would be
> good to get a paragraph or two.

One of my students wrote some documentation on this and
other things a while back.  See
  http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~sanseri/kaffe/k2.html
for a description of Kaffe trampolines, and kaffe/index.html
for some general Kaffe implementation info and info about
the student project.  Some of the details are out of date,
but I think the general ideas are sound.  (If I'm wrong, I'm
sure someone will be happy to publically correct this
misapprehension. :-)

Hope this helps!

	Bart Massey
	bart at cs.pdx.edu