Performance Analysis of Kaffe JVM

William E. Cohen cohen at ebs330.eb.uah.edu
Fri Feb 4 15:04:39 PST 2000

Robert Collier and I used the profiling in Kaffe and some micro-benchmarks to
estimate the performance benefits of inlining methods in the Kaffe JVM.  For
several of the benchmarks inlining key methods can significantly improve the
overall performance of the code (~30% improvement).  We put a postscript
draft of the paper, "Estimated Performance Improvement of Inline Methods in
Kaffe Java Virtual Machine," on our web site,
http://www.eb.uah.edu/~crash/javanauts/pubs/pubs.html.

We would appreciate some feedback on the paper.

-Will Cohen