Transvirtual is hiring!

Tim Wilkinson tim at transvirtual.com
Fri Feb 4 19:02:51 PST 2000

================================
WANTED: Java and Linux Engineers
================================

Company Description:
--------------------

Transvirtual Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1997 and is based in the
university town of Berkeley, California.  Transvirtual develops Java
technology for embedded systems as well as distributing "Kaffe", the only
complete Open Source Java solution for OSes such as Linux and FreeBSD.

Job Description:
----------------

Transvirtual is seeking excellent engineers for an exciting new
Open Source Java/Linux project.

Requirements (some or all of the following):

 * Experience programming in Java (but you must have not seen any of
   Sun's proprietary code.).

 * Experience with C.

 * Familiarity with Kaffe is a big plus.

 * Familiarity with Linux, especially at the systems level.

 * Experience writing graphics and/or servlet code in Java.

 * Experience working on an Open Source project an advantage.

 * BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).

We offer early-stage stock options, a competitive salary, and progressive
benefits.  We are located in the "Gourmet Ghetto" area of north Berkeley,
a mile from the downtown Berkeley BART station.

Where to send you information:

Please send you resume (plain text only please) to careers at transvirtual.com