jthread_stackcheck() not implemented for pthreads

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Fri Feb 11 16:15:26 PST 2000

Hello!

After facing weird problems with unix-jthreads on LinuxPPC I'm trying to
make unix-pthreads work.

Unfortunately, the interpreter calls jthread_stackcheck() which is not
implemented for unix-pthreads

If I comment out the stack checking alltogether in the intrp code, I can
link Kaffe and it works better (ttest.java works, but AWT still doesn't).

Since jthread_stackcheck() is implemented even in oskit-pthreads, I think
it's Ok to call it for all thread models (despite of its name).

But this means that jthread_stackcheck() needs to be implemented for
unix-pthreads. Anybody knows how to do it?

This problem can be reproduced on i386 by
./configure --with-engine=intrp --with-threads=unix-pthreads

Pavel Roskin