Bug in the kaffe-script?

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Wed Feb 23 09:42:40 PST 2000

 Stefan,

this is the desired behavior.

For instance, if there is a directory ./java with say
./java/lang/Object.class, then I *want* Kaffe to load this
file for java.lang.Object and not the java/lang/object.class from
Klasses.jar.  Although it can be confusing (the whole CLASSPATH idea
is ill-received IMO),  this feature comes in very handy if you want
to debug classes in java.* or kaffe.*

As for Sun's JDK: I think we're compatible with JDK 1.1.x here.
We're not compatible with 1.2.  If it "worked" for you, then there's
two possible reasons: a) if you used 1.2, then it worked cause it's
different in 1.2.  b) if you used 1.1.x, it could be that the
classes you had in ./java were Sun's classes and happened to be identical.
You can use -verbose to see where classes come from.

We may switch kaffe to 1.2 behavior at some point in the future, if
there's a need.  Then we'd have to support the -X options and bootclasspath
and all that stuff.

Maybe I don't really understand the problem that was biting you though.

	- Godmar