patch for update-class-list

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Wed Feb 23 12:20:09 PST 2000

> find $SRCDIRS -name ".*" -o -name \*.java -print | sort > classlist

and

>  find $SRCDIRS -name \*.java -a \! -name ".*" -print | sort > classlist

are the same because the -o has lower precendence.  My version is
effectively (name ".*" and do nothing) or (name "*.java" and print).
Short-circuit evaluation means the second expression isn't tried if
the first matches.

Yours is a bit more direct (and readable), but requires more escaped
magical characters...  Hmm, come to think of it yours is much cleaner.
:)

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
	    He who dies with the most toys is still dead.