state of the developer tools?

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Wed Feb 23 13:39:40 PST 2000

What are the required autoconf/automake versions for playing with the
Kaffe makefiles?

autoconf 2.13 seems to work. (the latest CVS autoconf complains a lot,
however).

I tried automake v1.4, Alexandre's automake-1.4a-dep (from
FAQ.automake), and the latest CVS automake.  All versions give me a
warning in test/regression/Makefile.am, and all generate Makefile.ins
that are non-trivially different from those that are checked into the
repository.

Should I not be expecting my generated Makefile.in's to match those
in the repository?  Is there a v1.4-a2 or something?

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
  "You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?" -- S. Wright