Class.forName() patches

Mo DeJong mdejong at cygnus.com
Tue Feb 29 14:40:06 PST 2000

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Mo,
>
> I've applied the following patches -- which are a modification of yours,
> and now four tests are failing:
>
>   FAIL: Bean.java
>   FAIL: BeanBug.java
>   FAIL: Reflect.java
>   FAIL: ReflectInvoke.java

Ugh.

> Could be my changes but they should be equivalent to yours..
> I think the problem may be that kaffe calls classFromSig()
> on types that are part of a larger string (and not necessarily
> at the end of the string) such as function types.. eg:

Godmar emailed me to say that he was working on some improvements
to my patch that would fix things once and for all. We should wait
for his improved patches and add them instead of my original patch.
I was unaware of this so I thought my original patch had been
lost in the shuffle.

Thanks
Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.