Using Sun's exception messages

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 22:49:18 PST 2000

Hi,

I'd like to know what the policy is on using the same
exception messages that Sun uses when throwing
exceptions in the standard library.

Although I think that programs that rely on the
(undocumented, as far as I know) content of an
exception message from the standard library are
seriously broken, there might be some programs out
there that do that. On the other hand, the content of
the messages can be reverse engineered quite easily by
provoking their generation and looking up what Sun's
implementation emits.

So, is it O.K. to submit patches that patch our
implemenatation to emit the same exception messages,
or not?

read ya,

dali

=====
"Success means never having to wear a suit"