building kaffeh when cross-compiling

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Mon Jan 10 09:09:34 PST 2000

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan  7, 2000, Patrick Tullmann <tullmann at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> > Kaffeh is built when cross-compiling Kaffe.

Oops.  That really isn't a bug (there are cross-builds where you'll
want to have a kaffeh).  However, my problem is that kaffeh won't link
when compiled on the OSKit.  There are two solutions that I see: (1)
fix kaffeh (that means invoking the platform-specific INIT_MD() stuff)
or (2) prevent kaffeh from being built (3) fix the OSKit so that it
doesn't have these link problems.

Fixing kaffeh seems silly since it will never be used in my
cross-build environment.  I just need a simple hack to prevent kaffeh
from being built at all...  I mistakenly assumed the
locally-installed-kaffeh hack could do that, but I see that it
shouldn't.  Ah, well.   If someone feels like implementing
--without-kaffeh, I'd appreciate it.  :)

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
  "You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?" -- S. Wright