Priority inherentance protocol in Kaffe ?

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jul 19 14:23:44 PDT 2000

> I would like to implement  the 'priority inherientance' protocol into Kaffe on
> Linux platform.  But, as I know, there is no 'pthread_mutexattr_setprotocol'
> function in Linux.

You might have better luck adding priority inheritance to the
unix-jthread threading system, as the locking, unlocking, and
scheduling are all under Kaffe's control.

> Does any one know how Kaffe carry out 'priority inherientance' in
> unix-pthreads for Linux jit3 engine?

If you really want to use pthreads, you could try cheating (for
example, manually tweaking a thread's priority when it takes/releases
a lock).

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
 Indifference may cause the downfall of mankind, but who really cares?