pthread problem in Kaffe 1.0.6

Erik Hu erikhu at kimo.com
Wed Jul 26 07:03:00 PDT 2000

I downloaded the new version and rebuilt the Kaffe with unix-pthread
system.  Unfortunately, it was failed. I found two rebuilding problems in
Kaffe 1.0.6 with unix-pthread .

1.  I got "invalid use of void expression" error message on all of this
code line " DBGIF(assert(utfLockRoot == NULL));" in utf8const.c file.

2.  After I remarked the above code lines, I found another error
message as below.

../kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm.so: undefined reference to 'jthread_enable_stop'
../kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm.so: undefined reference to 'jthread_disable_stop'

I suppose that the "jthread_enable_stop" and "jthread_disable_stop" are
only defined in jthread system. But they are required to link into libkaffevm.so
when rebuilding the pthread system.

Is Kaffe 1.0.6 version only available for jthread system ?
Does any one know how can I fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Erik