stack overflow interacts poorly with classloaders

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Mon Jun 12 22:09:07 PDT 2000

Jason Baker wrote:
> As for classes loaded by the catch body, is this
> really a problem?  Once a StackOverflow has been dispatched, we
> should be able to throw a new one and make progress.

Right, we should only be forcing the load of classes referenced in the
catch clause, and not necessarily classes referenced in the body of
the catch.

Taking Jason's earlier point, I assume the verifier should be doing
this.  Is that the best place for us to do this?  I've not got a clue
about the verifier...

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
 Indifference may cause the downfall of mankind, but who really cares?