Another reflection bug; compatibility results

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Wed Jun 14 08:37:45 PDT 2000

Stuart Ballard wrote:

> Well, I've made some changes to the class since I "announced" it here a
> while back and put up a homepage at http://stuart.wuffies.net/japi/ .
> The reason I mention this is (1) I'd like feedback, and (2) I have the
> results of running japicompat between jdk11 and kaffe, and there are 425
> reported errors, although most of them are duplicated several times
> because they are errors in java.awt.Component or java.awt.event.AWTEvent
> and they get reported for every subclass (I'd like to eliminate these
> duplicates but I can't think of an easy way to do it).

I think you can use c.getDeclaredXXX() in place of c.getXXX() to get
ride of inherited fields/methods.

Raw idea:  Did you think it's possible to use a ClassLoader to load
jdk1.1 classes and an other to load Kaffe (or GNU Classpath) classes ?

If so, you could have a one pass comparison framework.

An other solution could be to use a classes manipulations packages as
at.dms.classfile or gnu.bytecode.  Both use GPL Licences.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr