java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Fri Jun 16 05:40:52 PDT 2000

Euisung Kang wrote:

> I cross-compiled kaffe on to arm-linux. Now, I am verifying whether
> kaffe was successfully built or not. It works nicely when I compile
> hello.java and execute hello.class. However, it seems that kaffe has
> trouble with jar program. How can I fix the following error?
>
> # jar cf t1.jar *.class
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native
> function:java/util/zip/Deflater.init(Z)V

I guest configure was unable to detect libz :(
Check in config.cache these values

    ac_cv_header_zlib_h
    ac_cv_lib_z_deflate

If they does not set to `yes', cross-compile libz.

Also, read FAQ/FAQ.requirelibraries for others missing libraries.

If configure have find libz, it could be nother problem.  I hope you
have enable debuging (configure --enable-debug).  If so, you could run:

    $ kaffe -vmdebug NATIVELIB kaffe.tools.jar.Jar cf t1.jar *.class

to trace native methods lookup.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr