Another reflection bug; compatibility results

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Fri Jun 16 06:13:53 PDT 2000

Stuart Ballard wrote:

> > To my knowledge, even though static final constants are part of the
> > public API, their values are not given by Sun and so they have to be
> > determined experimentally.
>
> Exactly why I want to report them as part of Japize... to make it
> possible to automate testing that Kaffe (and GNU Classpath) has gotten
> all the values right.

Could you add value of serialVersionUID in Japize ?

The following code will retreive/compute this value:

    ObjectStreamClass stream = ObjectStreamClass.lookup(clz);
    if (stream != null) {
	// this class is Serializable, register serialVersionUID
	emitSerialVersionUID(stream.getSerialVersionUID());
    }

Thanks.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan