Another reflection bug; compatibility results

Stuart Ballard sballard at netreach.net
Wed Jun 21 08:43:06 PDT 2000

Stuart Ballard wrote:

> "Edouard G. Parmelan" wrote:
> >
> > Could you add value of serialVersionUID in Japize ?
>
> Hey, great idea :) I'll try to get this done by tomorrow (my hacking
> gets done on the train to and from work).

Well, it took a little longer than I thought due to Real World work
going crazy (grrrrr) but the versions of Japize and japicompat up at
http://stuart.wuffies.net/japi/ now handle this case correctly. Checking
svuids needs to be turned on explicitly by passing -v to japicompat
(otherwise you'd get a lot of spam if an implementation hadn't concerned
itself with this issue). The results for jdk11-vs-kaffe are at
http://stuart.wuffies.net/japi/v-results-jdk11-kaffe.txt . 108 classes
fail this check, bringing Kaffe up to 248 total errors.

Enjoy :)

Stuart.

PS At some point soon I'll install JDK1.2 and produce the results for
kaffe-vs-jdk12. When I do I'll post the URL of the results to the list.
If anyone beats me to it, feel free to send me jdk12.japi or jdk13.japi
:)