kaffe on embedded linux system

Mikael Pahmp kaffe@rufus.w3.org
Thu, 18 May 2000 11:03:10 +0200

I've done the following successfully:

Do configure with '--without-x --with-engine=intrp' to exclude GUI and the big JIT.

Either remove the unwanted .java files in libraries\javalib or edit the Makefile to exclude the unwanted files from the build process.

I've removed the following directories:
	java/awt
	java/applet
	java/beans
	java/lang/ref
	java/math
	java/sql
	java/util/mime
	kaffe/applet
	kaffe/awt
	kaffe/beans

I had to change the following files which had dependencies to java.awt.Toolkit:
  kaffe/net/www/protocol/BasicURLConnection.java
  kaffe/net/www/protocol/File/FileURLConnection.java
  kaffe/net/www/protocol/http/HttpURLConnection.java
  kaffe/net/www/protocol/ftp/FtpURLConnection.java
  kaffe/net/www/protocol/system/SystemURLConnection.java

Then you do 'make Klasses' and you get a new Klasses.jar.

There are probably native methods in libraries\clib that's not needed any more but I haven't tried to remove them. If you do I would be interested to know what you did and how much space you saved.

/MiP