JMF with Kaffe?

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Wed May 3 08:26:02 PDT 2000

Ganesh Sivaraman wrote:

> I have been posting and reposting the same Q...
>
> Can Kaffe support JMF1.0 or JMF2.0? It seems there is some implementation
> of JMF in Kaffe. Is it? If so what does it support and is it functional?

Humm, what's JMF ... [search the web]... JavaTM Media Framework
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/

I don't think someone working on a rewrite of javax.media, but you could
download version 2.0 FCS from
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.0/download.html
and select Cross-platform Java.

I have not test it but Sun claims:

    Three versions of the reference implementation are available:

    JavaTM Media Framework 2.0: A cross-platform implementation written
	entirely in the Java programming language for use on Java
	CompatibleTM clients.

    Java Media Framework 2.0 with SolarisTM Performance Pack: Adds
	optimizations for increased performance and functionality on the
	Solaris platform.

    Java Media Framework 2.0 with Windows Performance Pack: Adds
	optimizations for increased performance and functionality on
	Windows platforms.

Hope this helps.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan