java.util.Timer?

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Mon May 8 17:04:40 PDT 2000

I have a class that imports javax.swing.* and java.util.*.  It uses a
class Timer, expecting to get javax.swing.Timer.  When compiling this
class against Kaffe's Klasses.jar, jikes complains thusly:

Error: Type Timer is imported on demand from package javax/swing and package java/util.

What is the class java.util.Timer in Klasses.jar?  I don't see it in
any of Sun's java documentation, and it only seems to be used by
'java.util.TimerTask' which is also specific to Kaffe as far as I can
tell.

There's also a kaffe.util.Timer and kaffe.util.TimerClient which look
like they do something similar?

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
     "VR Cows are a medium rarely well done." -- someone in c.g.a