Cross-compliling for Kaffe for ARM-LINUX

Scott Bambrough scottb at netwinder.org
Wed May 24 12:34:42 PDT 2000

Godmar Back wrote:

> > BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: ../sysdeps/arm/dl-machine.h: 450:
> > elf_machine_rel: Assertion `! "unexpected dynymic reloc type"' failed!
>
> Is this problem still present in recent netwinder releases?

Yes, it is still present.  I had a patch for the dynamic linker, that attempted
to fix up all the relocs in the text segment, as long as the branch offset fit
in the alloted 24 bits.  I then discovered that the relocs would attempt to bind
to the PLT entries in the executable.  This was the proscribed behaviour, but
the calculated branch offsets for the most part were to large to fit in 24
bits.  I have to write some new resolver code, but I haven't had time lately.

Scott

--
Scott Bambrough - Software Engineer
REBEL.COM    http://www.rebel.com