Last Frame disposed; all threads dead?

Kero van Gelder kero at ipc3799c17.dial.wxs.nl
Thu May 25 08:12:16 PDT 2000

Hello all,

When the last Frame is dispose()d, the prompt returns. I assume all
threads die when the last Frame is dispose()d. That's nice, but I am
trying to catch the windowClosed() event. From that, I call my own
quit() method. It is never reached.

It is contrary to Sun behaviour: when using Sun jvm, my quit() method
is called and the prompt does _not_ return.

So: what happens to the EventDispatchThread when I dispose() my last
Frame?

Bye,
Kero.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------------------ http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+