kaffe wont' recognize that gmp is installed

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Mon Nov 6 04:40:14 PST 2000

sipher   wrote:

> Well i dont' see anything in config.log that indicates success or failure on
> finding components let alone why it did or didn't put I'll paste the 4 lines
> i found with reference to gmp anyway because maybe I'm reading it wrong.  I
> see alot of "undefined reference to mpz_get_d" i don't know if that has any
> relevance.
>
> configure:4036: checking for mpz_get_d in -lgmp
> configure:4055: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
> -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c -lgmp    -L/usr/local/lib  1>&5
>
> configure:5527: checking for gmp.h
> configure:5537: gcc -E  -I/usr/local/include conftest.c >/dev/null
> 2>conftest.out

These are the correct lines to check presence of libgmp and gmp.h.  I
guest you have a Debian GNU/Linux slink where package gpm2-dev does not
provide libgmp.so but libgmp2.so and include files are in a non-standard
place /usr/include/gmp2 :-(  This was fixed in potato with package
libgmp2-dev.

If you have slink and package gmp2-dev, you can create some symbolic link:

  /usr/lib/libgmp.so -> /usr/lib/libgmp2.so
  /usr/include/gmp.h -> /usr/include/gmp2/gmp.h

Then, after removing config.cache and run configure, you should have the
following result:

    $ grep gmp config.cache
    ac_cv_header_gmp_h=${ac_cv_header_gmp_h=yes}
    ac_cv_lib_gmp_mpz_get_d=${ac_cv_lib_gmp_mpz_get_d=yes}

Hope this helps.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr