JIT on Netwinder

Sergey Voitseh svoitseh at cms.vinnica.ua
Wed Nov 8 11:04:30 PST 2000

Hello,

I am trying to use Kaffe 1.0.6 on Netwinder.

There is no problem to run it after configuring with option --with-engine=intrp.

When I configure Kaffe with option either --with-engine=jit or --with-engine=
jit3 the
following error occurs during Kaffe launching regardless of using --with-pic
option:
     BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: ../sysdeps/arm/dl-machine.h: 450:
elf_machine_rel:    Assertion `! "unexpected dynamic reloc type"' failed!
This problem is described on
http://www.netwinder.org/cgi-bin/faq.cgi?req=show&file=faq02.024.htp

When I configure with options --with-staticvm --with-engine=jit  I got error on
Kaffe launching:
Illegal instruction. Core dumped.

When I configured with options --with-engine=jit and changed line
     #if 1 /* defined(NO_SHARED_VMLIBRARY) */
on
     #if 0
in file config\arm\trampolines.c we got the same error:
     Illegal instruction. Core dumped.

It seems it fails in
     JNI_CreateJavaVM(&vm, &env, &vmargs);

Is it possible to enable JIT in Kaffe under Netwinder?

Best Regards,
Sergey Voitseh