unicode search path

Valentin Pavlov v_valchev at prosyst.bg
Tue Nov 28 03:56:48 PST 2000

I cannot reproduce that error on my NT Workstation.
Maybe you are trying to use kaffe on win9x which is known to have some
problems with cygwin - and this may affect your system to produce that
error.

In other hand it is possible that you use wrong startup script on Windows.
Here is mine:

--- cute here ---
:Setup kaffe environment
set KAFFEHOME=//c/temp/kaffe
set DOS_PATH=c:\temp\kaffe

:Prepare classpath and runtime environment
set CLASSPATH=%KAFFEHOME%/kaffe/Klasses.jar:.:%CLASSPATH%
set KAFFELIBRARYPATH=%KAFFEHOME%/lib
set PATH=%DOS_PATH%\bin;%PATH%

KaffeVM %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %8
--- cut here ---

Notice that some paths are givven in unix form since my kaffevm (which is
compiled with cygwin) will recquire them in this form.
Actually all environment variables regarding to kaffe use unix style paths.
Only command prompt execution PATH will recquire it's DOS style path.

ProSyst Bulgaria                 Valentin Pavlov
44 D. Hadjikocev Street          Team Leader/Programmer
Sofia 1407, Bulgaria             Dept: mBedded Server
http://www.prosyst.bg/           Phone: +359 02 (9631394) 223
Leading Software Technology for Open Service Gateways