emjava

Roy Wilson designrw at bellatlantic.net
Sun Sep 17 12:55:00 PDT 2000

HI,
	Dumb question #57 :-).
	I've had a desire to try to run Kaffe and a Java development system on
my old MIPS MobilePro 700 (which has a MIPS 410X processor) running
WINCE. At the time I checked into this, it looked like it would be easier
to run Kaffe on top of NetBSD, but I decided to focus on Linux.
	I wonder if anyone has an opinion about whether PocketLinux is more
likely to provide an easier/quicker path than the LinuxVR project to
getting Kaffe running on my old (but upgraded to 32MB RAM plus a 96MB
SANDISK FlashCard!) MIPS machine. I didn't know enough to intelligently
follow the LinuxVR documentation for setting up a REDHAT to MIPSEL
cross-compilation environment. Doh!

Roy Wilson
designrw at bellatlantic.net

On 9/17/00, 1:13:45 PM, "Edouard G. Parmelan" <egp at free.fr> wrote regarding