COMPARE_AND_EXCHANGE for linux-powerpc

Carlos Valiente carlos at difernet.com
Wed Feb 28 02:37:02 PST 2001

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 09:38, you wrote:

> I have run cc -S TestNative.c (a modified version without all Kaffe
> includes and where jTYPES are defined to correct types) on Aix, but it's
> not the same ABI :-(  It use 13 floating point argument registers where
> 8 are used on ABI_V4 (GNU/Linux ?).

I will be rather busy until the weekend. In the meantime I can post my
TestNative.s, in case you want to have a look at it

> Could you add the following defines in callmethod_ppc.h and say me if
> TestNative pass.  If it pass, I hope all other test does so you must
> check.
>
> #define NO_HOLES 1
> #define PROMOTE_jfloat2jdouble 1

It dumps core :-(

[carlos at ossea regression]$ make check TESTS='TestNative.java'
make  check-TESTS
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/carlos/src/java/kaffe-build/ppc/test/regression'
test -z "*.class *.fail *.out core *.core ExceptionTest" || rm -f *.class
*.fail *.out core *.core ExceptionTest
TestScript: line 4:  2698 Aborted                 (core dumped) $JAVA $*
>$TMPRESULT 2>&1
FAIL: TestNative.java

> BTW, are you subscribed to kaffe ml ?

Of course :-)

> Have a nice hacking day :-)

Unfortunately I must dive into a pile of PHP s*ht. Damned job :-(