AWT on DOS platform

Jiro KANAYAMA majiro at fds-es.com
Fri Jun 1 00:53:43 PDT 2001

Hi,

From: Alexandre Oliva <oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br>
Subject: Re: AWT on DOS platform
Date: 31 May 2001 01:33:27 -0300

oliva>
oliva> On May 29, 2001, "David Meggy" <david at techsol.bc.ca> wrote:
oliva>
oliva> > On this website http://www.transvirtual.com/kaffe-awt.htm is a
oliva> > description of AWT runnning on a platform (DOS) with Java running at
oliva> > a level just above the hardware, and a screenshot.  However when I
oliva> > downloaded kaffe, all I can find is win32 and X.  Where is this code
oliva> > that runs on DOS?
oliva>
oliva> AFAIK, it was never integrated in the public version of Kaffe.  TVT
oliva> used to sell it commercially, but I heard it was dead a while ago.
oliva> Tim, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

There is one of not-yet-integrated variants, see
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~grill/kaffe/

(But he use Xlib.)

Best Regards,
Jiro

--------
Jiro KANAYAMA
FDS Embedded Systems Co.,Ltd.
Phone:+81-42-710-3650 Fax:+81-42-710-3660
E-Mail:majiro at fds-es.com