Status of BeOS x86 kaffe

alanlb at rrinc.com alanlb at rrinc.com
Sun Jun 3 11:49:28 PDT 2001

I wrote the beos-native threading layer, and was affiliated
with the BeKaffe group, although by the time Duncan, Tomaso and others
started work on BeKaffe, I was already too busy with work-work stuff
to do much more than keep an eye on commit logs.

The last time I worked with Kaffe, which was over a year ago, libtool
was giving me a lot of grief with shared objects.  I'd be happy to
give things another shot, once I reassemble my BeOS development box.

Speaking of libtool, Dave Reid, with the help of some Linux-on-AIX
folk, has written a replacement which works properly on BeOS wrt
generating shared objects, which he had to had for his Apache port.

To reference a separate post from Edouard P., I myself have been
careful about staying away from Sun sources and their SCSL, so the
beos-native threading layer at least should be free of "taint".

Alan