xalan no, jar no, what's going on?

Ito Kazumitsu ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp
Thu Jun 21 20:00:28 PDT 2001

> I've wanted to run Apache Xalan-J 2.0.1. Typing kaffe -jar
> xalan.jar gives xalan's usage info what is perfectly ok;
> but given ANY parameters the whole thing locks. I've tried
> the -v option and it turned out that kaffe stops when
> classpath doesn't help.

It is difficult to get Xalan-J 2.0.1 to work with kaffe.

See

http://rpmfind.net/tools/Kaffe/messages/1092.html
http://rpmfind.net/tools/Kaffe/messages/1093.html
http://rpmfind.net/tools/Kaffe/messages/1094.html

   Xalan is to blame about this problem.  The newest version of
   Xalan-J is 2.1.0.  I do not know whether it still has
   this problem.

And

http://rpmfind.net/tools/Kaffe/messages/1202.html

   The cuurent CVS version of kaffe does not have this
   problem any more.