xalan no, jar no, what's going on?

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Fri Jun 22 15:58:07 PDT 2001

>> By the way,  if you use kaffe, I think you will be happier
>> with SAXON than with Xalan.
:>
:> Hmm. For technical or political reasons? Personally I like
:> Xalan because it's _apache_ xalan:)

I prefer SAXON to kaffe for technical reasons.

SAXON works with kaffe without any problem.

Xalan does not work with kaffe unless you apply
a strange and durty patch to kaffe although the bug
exists in Xalan and not in kaffe. They say in
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/index.html,

   You need the Java Development Kit or Java Runtime 1.1.8,
   1.2.2 or 1.3, which you can obtain from ibm.com/java/jdk/ or
   java.sun.com.

Kaffe seems to be out of their consideration.