How does/can jthread override blocking I/O calls on LinuxVR?

Nathan Meyers nmeyers at javalinux.net
Sun Mar 4 16:55:43 PST 2001

Godmar Back wrote:

> No, we don't do that.  There may be options, but they're not very portable.

OK, thanks. That blows my semi-educated guesses on why the existing LinuxVR
configurations (e115 & Helio) build fully static executables and why I can't
get to functional AWT apps on Agenda.

I have a basically working Kaffe, for non-AWT, and no joy once I try AWT - the
app starts, the usual bunch of startup X protocol happens, then the app
reaches a point of spinning the CPU with no further X protocol and no
appearance of any windows. The last couple of classes loaded were
Thread.Sleeper and InterruptedException, hence my suspicion that something was
amiss with blocking calls and jthreads.

Does this behavior sound like anything you saw bringing up Kaffe on the other
LinuxVR boxes?

Nathan Meyers
nmeyers at javalinux.net