Runtime Error

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Fri Mar 9 04:06:11 PST 2001

Steve Fernandez wrote:

>        I obtained Kaffe version 1.0.5 (Java version 1.1) and Guavac
>    version 1.2 from the Potato distribution of Debian (one which I am
>    currently running). I installed them both. Normal applications in Java
>    compile and run fine, Applets compile, but fail to run, displaying the
>    following error message :-

Kaffe-1.0.5 is an _old_ release, you should upgrade to 1.0.6 or better
use the CVS Tree.

You can fetch kaffe-1.0.6-1.1 from unstable
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/interpreters/kaffe.html

but you need to download new version of kjc from
http://egp.free.fr/kaffe

>        steve at AMD~/Java#kaffe ButtonTest.java
>
>        java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ButtonTest/ java
>            at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
>            at java.lang.Error
>            at java.lang.LinkageError
>            at java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>
>        need I install any additional packages? Please do help.

To run an applet, you must create an html file with <applet> tag.
Then, run appletviewer foobar.html.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr