which class can i use?

Chris Gray chris at kiffer.eunet.be
Thu Nov 8 18:56:56 PST 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Dorothy Wu wrote:

> hello,
> I am a newbie in Java field and planning a java project by kaffe.
> It is an application running in linux.
> Now I am a question about programming,
> Can I use xt lib?
> Is there any "class" implementing x function?

You mean xt as in X Toolkit?

The normal way to do any kind of graphical programming in Java is to
use the Abstract Windowing Toolkit classes in package java.awt.  Code
you develop that way will also run on MS Windows and a lot of other
weird stuff, not just X11.

If you really want to do low-level X programming then you'll need to
build some kind of bridge using the Java Native Interface (JNI).  Not
that hard really, but I very much doubt you really want to do that.

  Chris Gray            chris at kiffer.eunet.be    chris_gray at bcs.org.uk