JRE 1.31 and kaffe 1.0.6

Jukka Santala jsantala at tml.hut.fi
Fri Oct 5 00:47:48 PDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, YU Doug wrote:
> I use kaffe as a plugin on Mozilla, some people asked me question about the
> kaffe is as which version of Sun's JAVE.
> kaffe 1.0.6 is as JRE 1.3.1 or not ?

It depends on the classes in question, there is no 1-to-1 equivalence
between Kaffe and any specific Sun Java version, since Kaffe is not Sun's
Java or based on it. JDK/JRE 1.1 is pretty much the baseline, but many
invidual classes (Especially in the CVS version) are compatible with 1.3
API. However, Java2D API/Classes (From JDK 1.2) for example aren't
implemented at all.

 -Jukka Santala