garbage collector

wang wenzhong mypigeon at 263.net
Wed Oct 31 00:43:59 PST 2001

The garbage collector begin its mark phase from scaning and marking registered root references object,then walk and mark other reachable objects.

The file gcRefs.c defines two functions:gc_add_ref and gc_rm_ref,the first one add a persistent reference to an object (stored in a hashtable ),the next function remove a persistent reference to an object.

I know many functions invoke gc_add_ref to add a references to an object,but I hardly find corresponding invoking about gc_rm_ref .

I want to know,how garbage collector (or kaffe ?) maintain it's hashtable of root references object(not only add,but also delete) ?

thanks