UTF8 Error

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Wed Sep 19 12:33:19 PDT 2001

Partha wrote:
> Kaffe aborted with the following error
>
> Kaffe:utf8const.c:204:utf8Const, Release:Assertion 'utf8 -> nrefs >= 1'
> failed
>
> What is the reason for this error?

It means the VM is freeing an internally-reference-counted UTF8 string
constant twice.

> How to fix it?

Several bugs that exhibit this behavior have been fixed in the CVS
repository.  I assume you're using the "stable" 1.0.5 or 1.0.6
release?  (Try 'kaffe -version' or 'kaffe -fullversion')

I do not believe there are any workarounds.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
 Thisemailhasbeenbroughttoyoubycocacolafavoredbyprogrammerseverywhere