[kaffe] Problem while compiling Kaffe for Interpreting

Satrajit Chatterjee satrajit@cs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:55:13 -0700

Hi,

  I am trying to compile Kaffe 1.0.6 for interpreted mode, instead of JIT. I
have replaced corresponding lines in kaffe/kaffevm/Makefile by the
corresponding lines in kaffe/kaffevm/Makefile.frag.

  Compilation is fine, but in the link stage there are the following errors:

../kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm.so: undefined reference to `virtualMachine'
../kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm.so: undefined reference to
`soft_fixup_trampoline'

  Does anyone know how to fix these? I suspect its just bit rot.

  Thanks,
  Sat

PS: I am trying to get a trace of the actual byte codes executed (and memory
references) and using the debugging feature of Kaffe's interpreter seemd
like the best way. Does anyone know of any simpler way?