kaffe as shell

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Apr 14 17:26:29 PDT 2002

I think all you need to do is just modify the main() so that
the startup parameters are hard-coded.  Then you can just
use it instead of /bin/sh.  eg. You could try booting Linux with
the command line "init=/usr/bin/mykaffe" (pass the extra commands
from your bootloader, in this example "/usr/bin/mykaffe" is your
modified kaffe).  If you link kaffe staticly, you should be able to
do a simple system with no other binaries or libraries.  Something
to try might be to use BeanShell or Python for a command line,
or write your own.

Cheers,

 - Jim