[kaffe] Newbie question

Ronald Aigner ra3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Apr 17 00:08:51 PDT 2002

Hi,
I just found out that kaffe has been revived...

At the Dresden University of Technology we are working on developing
micro-kernel operation systems. The micro-kernel we use is L4 (developed
by Jochen Liedtke).
See http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/ and http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/L4/ for
more information.
I remember reading on some mailing list a long while ago, that there was
some interest in porting kaffe to L4. I wondered if there exists a port
to L4 and if so, where can I find it (if it is freely available) and if
not, what do I have to do to port kaffe to a microkernel.
I already found the Documentation on Porting kaffe to a new platform -
does it contain the necessary steps to take?

Thanx in advance for your help.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / with regards
Ronald Aigner
Systemarchitecture - Operating Systems
TU Dresden
http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~ra3/