[kaffe] Release Candidate 1 this weekend

Andrew Dalgleish kaffe at andrewdalgleish.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 18 21:39:35 PDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:34:35PM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I haven't gotten Release Candidate 1 (RC1) out yet.  I just wanted to
> do a few things first:
>
>  1) Clear out my backlog of patches and emails out of my inbox
>  2) Try compiling it on a few more platforms (Linux works, I just installed
> NetBSD, I'm going to try it on my iBook (Mac OS X/Darwin), and I'll take a
> stab at cygwin/mingw32)

Re cygwin:
Until now I've been building on cygwin without X. I've been working
on the X issues today, and I'll post some patches later.

None of the issues so far are kaffe-specific:

winspool.h uses 'Status' as a structure member, but X #def's it as
an int. One workaround is to include 'toolkit.h' before the X11
headers in clib/awt/X.

<jmorecfg.h> defines INT32 differently than <basetsd.h>
The easy fix is to edit jmorecfg.h
(googling for jmorecfg and int32 shows this to be an old problem)

The result of make check:
FAIL: StackDump.java
FAIL: UncaughtException.java
FAIL: Preempt.java