[kaffe] Some obscure(?) problem...

Jukka Santala jsantala at tml.hut.fi
Thu Apr 25 04:10:52 PDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Patrick Tullmann wrote:
> This is a new one to me... what os/hardware are you running on?  Ah,
> maybe you're using a more recent gcc?

[jsantala at yavin jsantala]$ uname -a
Linux yavin.tml.hut.fi 2.4.18 #2 Wed Apr 10 13:57:52 EEST 2002 i686
unknown
[jsantala at yavin jsantala]$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.0.3/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.0.3/configure --prefix=/usr
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.0.3

In other words, GCC 3.0.3. But it'll probably start trickling down to
common use soon, since 3.1 release is already far in the works.

> I get this problem too.  Doesn't happen on FreeBSD.  On Linux, you can
> get one step farther by configuring with --enable-staticvm and(?)
> --enable-staticlib.  The static linking seems to resolve the gmonparam

Nope, it makes no difference, at least on my setup. I configured with
--enable-static* to start off. The only thing that helps is linking with
the profiling C-library directly, but that presents other problems.

 -Jukka Santala