[kaffe] Missing dependencies

Erik Corry erik at arbat.com
Thu Aug 1 02:20:17 PDT 2002

Hi,

After a 'cvs up' and a 'make' I get the following error:

/ten/users/erik/kaffe/kaffe/kaffeh/../kaffevm/readClass.c:70: undefined reference to `constant_pool'

At that line there is a call to readConstantPool, which is a plain
old function.

removing kaffe/readClass.o gets things working again.  I conclude
that there is a missing dependency somewhere, but I can't work out
where.  The obvious candidate is kaffe/kaffevm/constants.h which
declares the function in question (readConstantPool), but if I
look in kaffe/kaffevm/.deps/readClass.Plo (which I think is where
the dependencies should be) the .h file (kaffe/kaffevm/constants.h)
is there.

I find the whole make system rather arcane, so I don't think I'll
investigate any further, esp. considering the workaround is obvious.

Erik Corry erik at arbat.com