[kaffe] class loading security/compatibility concerns

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Thu Aug 1 09:30:17 PDT 2002

gonzo wrote:
> if i create a file A.java in package java and try to run it on the Sun
> java VM i get:
> 	java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java

I think you can get Sun's VM to load `A' it if you put the path to it
on the bootclasspath.  This works for me with jdk1.4:
   'java -Xbootclasspath/p:. java.A'

This is also how it knows which jars to verify (or not), as I think
Sun's VM does what you propose (not veryifying system classes).

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
            He who dies with the most toys is still dead.