[kaffe] Re: using ant to build kaffe - ant needs non-free java!

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Mon Aug 5 10:53:12 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 02:59, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 11:32, Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:
> > I somehow quickly created 1.0.7 deb - by copying ./debian content from
> > current debian package. I got very messy directory layout, so small
> > sidenote here. Why is this all so non-FHShis?
>
> Yes, that is exactly my problem. I can create a deb quickly enough but I
> haven't had time to sort out all the new locations. I had a great many
> bugs filed against the last Kaffe upload because of things moving around
> in the CVS version.

Remember, the current model is to try to follow the JDK/JRE file
layout.  In order to be FHS compliant, I'd suggest configuring with
--prefix=/usr/lib/kaffe and install there, and create symbolic links
in /usr/bin.  I believe that's basically how the other JDK/JRE packages
have been done.

Cheers,

 - Jim