[kaffe] Using kaffe(GPL2) with other DFSG-compat licenses

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 20:50:26 PDT 2002

--- Jim Pick <jim at kaffe.org> wrote:
> > Seriously - IMHO we need good legal advice here
> from somebod that
> > understands Java. It should be stated publicly and
> once forever
> > so that we didn't have troubles later.
>
> Agreed.  At the end of this process, we should have
> a FAQ.licensing.

there used to be one on kaffe.org check it out here:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.kaffe.org/FAQ.html

Citation:
Can I run proprietary Java applications and native JNI
libraries under Kaffe?

Yes, you can. Kaffe's choice of GPL does not affect
your ability to run any Java or JNI-based code that
you could run on any other Java virtual machine.

best regards,