[kaffe] japitools-0.9.2 beta release

Stuart Ballard sballard at netreach.com
Tue Dec 3 10:14:40 PST 2002

[can't be bothered to do the big formal announcement thing this time, sorry]

I've just uploaded japitools-0.9.2 to the usual location
(http://rainbow.netreach.net/~sballard/japi/). Although I'm officially
calling this a beta, my gut feeling is that it's actually pretty
reliable (I just hesitate to say so for sure until lots of people have
tested it). It includes one significant bugfix over the 0.9 "stable"
release, to do with incorrect treatement of static inner classes, and
numerous feature enhancements.

Among the more visible feature enhancements are support for deprecation,
a date flag indicating when the japi file was generated, and vastly
enhanced html output. The foundation has also been laid for comparison
of float and double constants independent of the toString() method,
making japi files more independent of the VM that wrote them. This
support is in japize already but japicompat doesn't yet honor it - that
will come in the next few days, at which point the nightly output will
immediately take advantage (if the nightly japi file is the latest version).

For these reasons, I'd like to suggest that everyone who is providing me
with nightly japi files would get some useful benefits from upgrading
their scripts to use the new version of japitools (in particular,
correct checking for static inner classes, support for deprecation, a
date flag, and (soon) more accurate float/double constant checking).

Oh, and libgcj folks - you're now the last major Free class library
implementation that doesn't have nightly results posted on the japitools
website... ;)

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer