[kaffe] GNU jaxp included in kaffe does not work with Saxon 7.3

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 15:23:25 PST 2002

--- Ito Kazumitsu <ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp>
wrote:

> In message "[kaffe] GNU jaxp included in kaffe does
> not work with Saxon 7.3"
>     on 02/12/03, Ito Kazumitsu
> <ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp> writes:
>
> > Now that GNU jaxp has been included in kaffe,  I
> expect I can
> > run Saxon 7.3 on kaffe without adding gnujaxp.jar
> to CLASSPATH.
> >
> > But unfortunately, this is not so and SAXException
> saying "Parser
> > configuration problem: namespace reporting is not
> enabled" is thrown.
> >
> > When using gnujaxp.jar from gnujaxp-1.0beta1,
> this issue does not
> > occur.
>
> Using the attached program and data,  I compared the
> results
> of jaxp of JDK 1.4,  jaxp of gnujaxp-1.0beta1 and
> jaxp of kaffe.

I've looked a little into this one. I've attached a
simplified form of the test case, attribute.xsl. In
order to find the source of the bug, I have played
around with adding class files from kaffe to
gnujaxp1.0-beta1 to make it output the additional
attribute. It turns out that the file that causes the
change in output is gnu/xml/pipeline/EventFilter.java.
When I replace its class file in gnujaxp.jar with the
one from from kaffe's rt.jar I get the additional
output.

The version of EventFilter in kaffe is 1.15, in
gnujaxp.jar it's 1.13. Version 1.14 produces the extra
output, so the bug must have been introduced in 1.14.
I've dug deeper into this, and I think the bug comes
from the code below this comment in method bind()
// DOM building, printing, layered validation, and
other
// things don't work well when prefix info is
discarded.
// Include it by default, whenever possible.

commenting the try-catch block below it out and just
setting prefixes to false works for me. I've attached
a patch to do that. Could you give it  a try and see
if that fixes your problems?

best regards,