Tomcat4 on kaffe (Was: Re: [kaffe] (no subject))

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 05:19:23 PST 2002

Hi Paco,

--- Pak Leung <pak.leung at dit.ie> wrote:
> Try to run Tomcat 4.1.12 with Kaffe 1.0.6 on Cobalt
> OS 4.0, but didn't

Check out
http://www.mail-archive.com/kaffe@kaffe.org/msg00494.html
for my post on how to get tomcat 3.2.4 to run with
kaffe. I assume that Tomcat 3.3 still won't work due
to a few missing parts in kaffe's security
implementation. That's probably true of Tomcat 4 as
well.

If you plan to work on getting later versions of
tomcat to work with kaffe, I'd recommend starting with
Tomcat 3.3, and fixing the missing security bits and
pieces. And posting patches, of course. Early and
often :)

best regards,