[kaffe] Bug Report

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 03:01:36 PST 2002

Hallo Richard,

--- Richard Stahl <richard.stahl at imec.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Kaffe for expetimenting with the VM
> implementation yet I
> encountered another problem with its graphics. I am
> compiling and
> running it on Linux 2.4.9-13 with gcc version
> 2.95.3.
>
> I do something like this:
>
> g.drawImage(EL_ARR[ak_nr].Picture, 0, 0, this);
> //where g = Graphics ...
> //      EL_ARR.Picture = Image ...
> //      this = Applet ...
>
> and I do not get any graphics on the screen yet I
> get this exception:
>
> java.lang.ArithmeticException
> 	at

java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.getBlue(DirectColorModel.java:82)
>          at

java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.getRGB(DirectColorModel.java:101)
>          at
> java.awt.ImageLoader.setPixels(Image.java:660)
>          at

java.awt.image.MemoryImageSource.transferPels(MemoryImageSource.java:171)
>          at

java.awt.image.MemoryImageSource.startProduction(MemoryImageSource.java:158)
>          at
> java.awt.ImageLoader.loadSync(Image.java:553)
>          at java.awt.Image.loadImage(Image.java:316)
>          at

java.awt.NativeGraphics.drawImage(NativeGraphics.java:207)
>          at MPEG_Play.update(MPEG_Play.java:386)
>          at
> java.awt.Panel.processPaintEvent(Panel.java:63)
>          at
> java.awt.PaintEvt.dispatch(PaintEvt.java:31)
>          at

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:35)

A few DirectColorModel related bugs were fixed
recently by Nicolas Le Sommer, you might want to try
the current sources from CVS, and see if that works
better for you.

If it doesn't, then you should split the 82nd line
DirectColorModel.java into several lines, and see
which expression exactly raises the exception.

best regards,